Mold Certifications and Proper Insurance Coverage

Posted on

Mold Certifications and Proper Insurance Coverage

When looking for a mold contractor, there are a few vital things you should look for;  are they certified mold experts and do they have adequate insurance coverage?

  • Mold Expert Certification:  Check to make sure they have a certification from a reputable source, such as NAMP ( with the certificate number
  • An Environmental Education Certification
  • A Accredited Lab Certification for training on proper mold sampling, molds’ health effects & data interpretation
  • Insurance Coverage-Contractors working in your home should always carry Workers’ Compensation and Liability (ask for their certificate, sent by their carrier). Mold removal contractors should also carry additional mold insurance coverage.
If you do not receive insurance certificates from a contractor working in your home, you may be liable for any injuries incurred on your property. Be sure to protect yourself and your assets.

Visit Comprehensive Mold Management's website for more information at

1 comment

  1. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. compare auto insurance rates