Your Pets & Mold

Posted on

Your Pets & Mold

We love our pets and we want to protect them and keep them healthy just as we would our own family. When people have a mold issue often they overlook thinking about the health effects on their pets. According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, they have confirmed the hazardous effects of mold on your pet’s health.

Pets can actually be more vulnerable to the effects of mold because they are usually smaller and have more sensitive respiratory systems compared to humans. These helpless creatures could be suffering and aren't able to let you know. Pets and humans have similar health effects caused by mold such as ear, nose, and throat issues, and other respiratory problems.

There are some ways to try and decrease your chances of your pets getting sick due to mold. You should only buy pet beds and toys that can be washed in hot water. If they cannot be washed, then they need to be thrown away after a year. You should also use a HEPA filter to clean the air, and a dehumidifier to prevent mold growth. However, if there is a mold issue then you need to have your home taken care of by a professional to guarantee it is removed properly. This will keep you and your animals healthy!

Visit Comprehensive Mold Management's website for more information at www.compmold.com