What to Beware of When Finding a Mold ProfessionalYour home is your investment. Chances are, when you choose the cheapest estimate or the “best offer”, you may be getting a lower quality of work. As the saying goes, “You get what you paid for.” Checking online reviews on Angie’s List, the BBB, and talking to previous customers are great places to start.
- Beware of scare tactics. Saying things like; “You Have A Big Problem Here!” or “Your home isn't safe or healthy to be in.” before they've even done a thorough visual inspection or tested for mold.
- Beware if they discourage you from getting a second or third opinion.
- Beware of hand-written estimates, invoices or contracts.
- Beware of a contractor that won’t provide references. Be sure to ask for references from previous customers who have had similar work performed. You should also check with your local Better Business Bureau for the company’s rating and possible complaints.
- Beware of mold removal companies that only take care of the mold. The quote may be cheaper upfront, but if the moisture issue isn’t resolved, you may face a more severe problem down the road. Comprehensive Mold Management does all of the work start to finish. We take care of the moisture issue, remove the mold, and complete any other necessary work that is required.
- Beware of cheaper quotes that do not include a warranty. Our work may not be the cheapest, but we do the work correctly. We follow industry standard protocol, so any work we complete is covered with a lifetime warranty*.
- Beware of companies that do not follow the proper standards or protocol, having a need for less materials. Comprehensive Mold Management is fully ensured, a NYS licensed mold remediation contractor and CMM always uses the best materials available. We use the highest quality materials available to insure the job is done correctly.