Toxic Versus Non-Toxic Mold

Posted on

Toxic Versus Non-Toxic Mold

Toxic vs. Non-Toxic Mold

Mold has been becoming a bigger topic of concern as of recent, as it should be, seeing as it can impact the integrity of your home and your family’s health. It is a red flag when purchasing a home and people get scared when they hear the term mold. There is some confusion when it comes to if mold is toxic or not, however mold inside of your home is never a good thing. Some people think that if it is not the black toxic mold then they are in the clear. On the other hand, if it is the toxic mold, they panic and want it to be taken care of right away. Regardless, neither response is necessary when it comes to it being toxic or not. If you have mold inside of your home it needs to be taken care of either way, but there is no need to panic, if taken care of in a timely fashion.



Mold Testing

People also have a misunderstanding when it comes to mold testing, to determine the kind of mold that it is. Comprehensive Mold Management offers indoor air quality and surface sample testing for mold. Mold experts say that it is rarely necessary to test for a specific type of mold, because mold inside of a home is bad. If there are specific health concerns or documentation is needed, then air testing may make sense. Air testing is performed to determine the presence and concentration of mold spores in your home's air, especially when mold is not visually evident. Testing is typically done prior to and after remediation work is performed to validate the elimination of the mold threat. Comprehensive Mold Management offers both air and surface testing. We provide a report which includes spore concentration, types of mold and the health effects that can be caused based on the specific types of mold.


Removing the Mold Properly

Removing mold from your home can be a complicated and confusing process, especially given you want to make sure that the mold does not return. Therefore, it is best handled by a mold remediation professional, if it is not handled properly more problems can arise and exacerbate the issue. Mold professionals make sure to wear the proper equipment and set up negative air and containment to prevent it from spreading to other areas of the home.

If you are concerned that your home may have mold, contact a licensed mold professional at 585-235-6182. Comprehensive Mold Management is a licensed mold assessment company and mold remediation contractor. We would be happy to come out to evaluate your home for mold or any moisture issues.

Top Reasons to Buy a Dehumidifier

Posted on

Top Reasons to Buy a Dehumidifier

Dehumidifiers are not a luxurious expense or an item that someone enjoys purchasing. However, it may be a necessary expense depending on your home, to ensure the health and well-being of you and your home. Here are several reasons investing in a quality, high capacity dehumidifier is worth the expense.



1. Mold/Mildew in Your Home

It is quite common if you have a basement in your home, that it can be humid and may have a smell of mold or mildew. In addition, mold can cause substantial damage to the structure or foundation of your home. Mold growth can occur when humidity levels are above 45% and there is a food source such as drywall or wood. Mold can begin breaking down walls and floors of your home and ruin your belongings. If you purchase a high capacity dehumidifier it will help prevent mold from growing by keeping the humidity levels down.

2. Your Health and Allergies

Regardless of if you have allergies or not, drier air is better for breathing and circulation. If you are allergic to mold, then the humidity will make this worse and other allergens flourish in humid air. Dust mites are one example, that enjoy humidity. Therefore, by keeping humidity levels down it can help improve your allergies and breathing overall.

3. Lower Your Utility Bill

The more humid your house is, the harder it is to cool down. An air conditioner would have to work twice as hard to dry out the air before cooling it. As you probably have experienced firsthand, humid weather makes it feel warmer, which would make you crank up the air conditioning. This will lead to a higher electricity bill and make your air conditioning unit to work more.

Comprehensive Mold Management sells Santa Fe Dehumidifiers. Call Comprehensive Mold Management today at 585.235.6182 for more details. Your investment in a Santa Fe free-standing energy efficient dehumidifier will not only pay you back in energy savings, but also create a more comfortable, controlled living space. Protect your home, your family and your comfort with a Santa Fe Classic. Exceeds Energy Star efficiency requirements. Santa Fe high capacity dehumidifiers are the most energy efficient on the market and are designed to effectively and quickly remove excess moisture due to flooding. The units can help maintain the structural integrity of your home, minimize mold growth, and improve the indoor air quality of the overall home by removing odor-causing moisture.